Friday, February 1, 2019

October 21, 2018

Dear Friends –

It seems that I’m always saying, “So much is happening!” And that’s how my life is evolving — the more I learn and grow, the more I reach out and share. And there is always something new. Leaves are turning, nights are cooler, and before winter sets in, it's time to prepare the garden. Transplants in the fall need time to acclimatize to their new surroundings and start building their root structure to support new blossoms in the spring. And so it is with the Lotus, now that it’s been divided and spread out to include Sacramento along with its home pond in Isleton. So my theme for this message is…

Sending Out Roots

NEW BI-MONTHLY CLINIC
2nd and 4th Tuesdays, from 1-3 PM
Asian Community Center Senior Center
7334 Park City Drive, Sacramento

Last Tuesday, I did an introduction and demo presentation for this new clinic offering members 15-minute sessions of mixed Acupressure, Reiki, and Ortho-Bionomy. While I’m volunteering my time, the Center is charging $10 per session for their overhead. If you know anyone who is in the South Sacramento area, this is only moments away from Highway 5 off Pocket Road.

EDUCATION OUTREACH

The talks I have been giving recently, both at ACC and for the Alternative Health group at Rio Vista Trilogy, have met with a very positive reaction, and they feel right for me. After decades of teaching, education is the most authentic way I know to reach out to people. If you are part of a group, or know someone who is part of a group who might be interested in learning about alternative therapies for recuperation and rejuvenation, I would love to come talk about Wellness in our Wisdom Years.

This isn’t a pep talk to get people to make appointments with me—though I’d certainly be grateful for that outcome—but to take a broader look at how our physical health is only one aspect of wellness. Consider the effects of our choices, our attitudes, our thoughts, and our history on our bodies. If wellness is our goal, how can we use our accumulated wisdom to be stronger and healthier in every aspect of our being? How and where are we being authentic in our actions and relationships? How can we acknowledge and support our better selves and act in harmony with who we truly are? And of course, how gentle bodywork can produce deep and lasting results without discomfort!

BUILDING A BETTER WORLD BY SUPPORTING OTHERS
October is my birthday month, and this year I gifted myself a 3-day retreat at Sierraville Hot Springs for a multi-hands healing retreat led by Jim Gilkeson (author of A Pilgrim in your Body and Energy Healing) that expanded my awareness of what is possible when healers work together to support one another. There are ideas afloat about incorporating some of this into a wider practice group, so there may be news on that front sometime in the future.

One aspect of this lesson was the support I’ve received from my office mate, Georgia Ramos. We entered massage school at the same time and have had parallel experiences in our education and our paths. We have ideals and goals in common about our work and share the intent of producing results for our clients. Her encouragement and enthusiasm bolstered me in the decision to seek out a wider practice at our new space at 1029 H Street, Suite 102 in downtown Sacramento.

If you are looking for a more direct approach with a deeper touch than mine, she does amazing work and, like me, teaches self-care along with her work style. I’d be happy to connect you—just let me know.

Georgia has just become the new owner of Massage Therapy Institute in Davis, and I’m excited to help her organize her systems a few days a month. I know MTI is in excellent hands, and her vision for the future of the school will take it to new heights. I’m grateful to have a partner who is a great match for me, and keeps me focused when I get distracted. Thanks, Georgia!

MY CURRENT AVAILABILITY
Tuesday/Wednesday in Sacramento 10 AM - 6 PM (with FREE parking!)
Thursday/Friday in Isleton 10 AM - 6 pm
Mondays and Saturdays by prior arrangement

Hoping to see you soon, and wishing you Love and Light,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment